Friday, March 3, 2017

Les Aventures de Madame Beaubien -- Cooking Day


(I am going by my code name, Madame Beaubien, because it sounds more French than my name. Besides, I like being called Madame!)


I prepared homemade spaghetti for the sisters on Friday--Sicilian style (with raisins, almonds, cinnamon as well as onions, garlic and tomato paste) and they liked it. However, I was so busy trying to coordinate the main course of pasta with the salad course, the cheese course, and the dessert course, that I didn't get any other photos. I also have to learn how to slow down my pace in serving: wait until everyone is finished with each course and then wait a bit more. After all, it takes us about 1.5 hours to share a meal.

While I'm on the subject of food, here is yesterday's meal, which will give you an idea of how we eat. 

First of all, we eat the main meal at 12:30, which consists of a meat or vegetable dish, vegetables, salad, cheese plate, and dessert.
At the dinner meal, we eat at 7 p.m. and have soup and something else light like a sandwich or vegetable dish.


Here is Line preparing the soup for dinner. First, she cooked vegetables in a crock pot and then used a mixer to thicken the soup in just water--no cream. Delicious! Healthy! No calories!

The cook usually serves the main dish or the soup. Of course, we drink a glass of wine with each meal. You can see the wine bottle in the center of the table in the photo below--a prominent position for something so good, so important, and so healthy, too.



In the second course, we help ourselves to salad and something else that sits on the next table. Tonight's something else was some delicious eggplant parmesan. The greens we had I've never eaten or seen before. They look like large four-leaf clovers but are called mache.

 
Et, voilá!!
la service complet....
c'est comme un restaurant chic!



No comments:

Post a Comment